Recipe for homemade liniment
The liniment oleo-limestone is a healthy, chemical-free product that has proved its worth. It is very easy to make it yourself at home. In addition, it is economical, sustainable, rewarding and more respectful of your little koko's sensitive skin.
The liniment oleo-limestone is worth all the toilet milks!
Here is the liniment recipe that your little koko's bottom will LOVE!
- 100 ml of organic olive oil or sweet almond oil
- 100 ml of limewater (you can easily find it in a pharmacy or an organic shop)
- A tablespoon of beeswax
- Two pans
- A spoon or spatula
- A bottle
To sterilise all the necessary equipment, you can boil it like a baby bottle.
- Heat the oil over a low heat in a bain-marie.
- Add the beeswax and melt it.
- As soon as the wax is melted, stir well, remove from the water bath.
- In another pan, heat the limewater.
- Add the oil mixture to the water, mix with a sterilised spoon until you get a thick yellow-green cream.
- Pour your mixture into the sterilised bottle.
This mixture can be kept for about two weeks as it contains no preservatives.
And to be even more eco-friendly, think of using washable wipes to apply it.
If you're looking for more homemade recipes, read our recipe for saline solution. And don't hesitate to consult our blog and the testimonials of future or young parents.
Photo credit: Karolina Grabowska